Design StagesFrom Beginning to End
How we can assist you:
Our portfolio of project includes internal and external alterations, extensions, loft and garage conversions, annexes, refurbishment and new build projects.
- We provide a free initial consultation where we will discuss with you your requirements. At this meeting we will also consider any site/planning constraints that may affect the project.
- Following this initial meeting we will prepare a project specific fee proposal for you.
- Once acceptance of our fee proposal has been received we will carry out a measured survey of the property, from which existing drawings will be prepared.
- Proposal drawings are then created based upon the client’s projects requirements, these are refined as the design process proceeds until the required scheme is accomplished.
- Planning drawings are prepared, and a planning application is submitted.
- Once planning permission has been received, we will prepare and submit the Building Regulations Application. This will include detailed drawings, materials specification and structural details and designs should they be required.
- We can advise on the selection of contractors and tendering procedures.
Every Client is offered a free consultation, so that we can fully understand your requirements and budgets. Only then are we able to provide the right advice, solutions and our costs for the project.
Once you decide to proceed with the project, we’ll arrange a survey of the building or site and commence drawings of existing elevations and floor plans.
Taking in what you have told us, we prepare concept drawings to fit your requirements. Once these have been produced we will then talk you through the design options to get the best solutions for your requirements.
The concept are then turned into planning drawings for your approval prior to making the application to the local authority.
We will prepare and submit the application to the local planning department. It can take up to 10 weeks for the council to make their decision. We will monitor the application during this process, keeping you updated.
The approval plans are developed into working drawings and a specification is written giving details of materials required. These are then submitted to the local building control department. This information can also be used for costing and construction purposes.
Get In Touch
ALDER CONSULTANCY LTD
Unit 6 Manor Farm
Telephone: 01235 763 742